Thursday, November 8, 2012

Obligatory Post-Election Post

Well, thank God this that's all finally over.

I don't know about you, but I had my fill of:

* Belligerent Facebook statuses condemning the idiots of the opposite viewpoints
* RoboCalls at nearly 9 p.m. at night
* Endless Mailers and Emails asking for money
* Lunchroom pontificating by coworkers
* Tip-toeing around loudly opinionated family members
* Lawn trash in the form of campaign signs

Obviously the worst is the trend of insulting another voter and his intelligence to get them to come around to the other side. Not only doesn't it work, and it just makes for a bunch of friendship casualties this election season. Also, if you're representing a side, how does treating everyone else like unenlightened fools make what you're selling more attractive?

I did have some fun this season.

I particularly enjoyed CNN.com's articles trying to rile up the masses all the more.  A true gem was their article meshing religion neatly with political party in their "Blue Jesus/Red Jesus" article .

Anyhoo, regardless of where you stand, I'm just glad it's over for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment